Looking for solid GL Skills! SW Houston location!
The staff accountant will be focused on month-end close duties. This will include preparation of journal entries with supporting documentation, review, analysis and maintenance of assigned GL accounts as well as analysis from budget to actual including explanation of variances. This role will partner with other financial reporting groups to ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial results. The staff accountant will participate in process improvements to streamline accounting operations and flow of information.
The Staff Accountant will also participate in preparation of financial statements, management and statutory reports as required. The Staff Accountant will also cross-train with other accountants to assist in the overall effectiveness of the department.
Great company-room for growth potential and great benefits!
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3+ years accounting experience
- Must have a working knowledge of accounting software applications.
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and financial formulas
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency to get the job done
Disclosure: Only qualified candidates will be contacted in response to this post. Any candidate that is deemed unqualified will not be contacted. Please take a look at our website for a full list of open jobs at HornSolutions.net.