Strong Backend Java Developer for a custom software devolpment environment
- Work as part of a scrum team to design, build, test, and maintain stable and scalable production systems in Java using Spring Boot.
- Decompose larger solutions into discrete, stateless modules where they can be used independently as part of a larger workflow.
- Build and deploy microservices using modern frameworks and systems.
- Provide insight into the technologies used to provide the best solution as we build our SOA ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of solid backend Java development experience
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Strong understanding of interprocess communication methods including HTTP/ReST, Message Bus architecture, etc.
- Strong understanding of concurrency and multi-threaded programming concepts
- Experience with service monitoring systems and platforms like Datadog (metrics and alerting), Jaeger (tracing), and Splunk (log indexing and reporting).
- Experience with Test driven development practices
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tooling
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of middleware platforms such as Mulesoft
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of business process management platforms such as Appian or Pega
- Domain knowledge in upstream oil and gas, preferably in Oil Field Services or Petroleum Engineering