Senior QA Analyst, Data Warehouse - Austin, TX
Horn Solutions has partnered with a local South Austin Company to bring QA Analyst and Data Warehouse to their growing team.
- Evaluate use cases/software requirements to create test plans, test cases, execute test cases, document results and report status
- Organize and analyze results of testing and provide reports to management
- Work with various groups including project management, development, and customers to understand goals of projects and testing needs
- Use waterfall and agile software development and test methodologies
- Writes and executes intermediate to advanced SQL queries.
- Work independently as individual contributor and as a QA lead on projects
- Provide recommendations on Quality Assurance methodology and test environment improvements
- Perform complex and varied Quality Assurance activities using appropriate test tools, common routines, and best practices
- Identify and thoroughly analyze defects, issues, risks, and action items along with identifying the business requirements & the system requirements as part of the project team.
- Creates and maintains test matrices, test plans and testing status reports to validate and verify that all system changes conform to established system standards and business requirements.
- Serves as a mentor to QA testers and QA analysts by training, assisting with complex testing scenarios and issues Guides less experienced team members
- Responsible for ensuring that the ETL and Reporting Processes that IT places into production meets the quality standards of the organization.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in CS, engineering or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of hands-on experience in software quality assurance (two or more of those years in ETL testing).
- Experience with ETL and Reporting tools (i.e. SAP Data Services, BusinessObjects, Informatica)
- Experience writing SQL scripts
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse architecture / dimensional modeling.
- Familiarity with Microsoft-based products and technologies
- Familiarity with client/server web applications, enterprise level architecture and object-oriented development.
Nice To Have:
- Experience testing
- Experience using SQL Server Management Studio or similar tool
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- Property and casualty insurance experience
- Any IT certification
Additional Skills & Experience
- Able to critically think through defects, issues risks, and action items and determine appropriate course of action
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Knowledge of defect tracking software and how to write a proper defect report
- Good understanding of quality assurance methodologies in a high-tech environment